"The Cabinet" is a Winnipeg based scotch whisky tasting club that meets every two months to sample, discuss and enjoy scotch and occasionally other related malt-based beverages.

Monday, November 7, 2016

The Purge

Each time I sit down to write a blog post I promise myself that this time will be different. I promise myself that this time I will write a short post. And then each time, once I start writing, my fingers somehow escape my conscious control, the hands on my clock spin like in an old movie and suddenly it's 30, 45, 60 minutes later and I have written another multi-paragraph bloat-post. But this time, this time I swear it truly will be different. For this time nothing much happened at The Cabinet.

What? How can that be? Did we not meet? Did we not drink fine scotch single malt whisky? Did we not laugh and nose and cheer and sip and harrumph and swallow and converse? Of course we did. And it was splendid as always. But the actual drinking component was different because this, my dear readers, was simply a housekeeping meeting. You see, The Cabinet had in it's care 57 bottles. This was a record number and it resulted in a practical problem: the actual whisky storage cabinet could not be closed any longer. The doors had been quite literally bulging for a while, but now there was overflow. This a clear signal that it was time to purge our stocks. The whiskies to be purged were selected on the basis of being close to done anyway, with no particular attention paid to style, rarity, price or quality. All have been reviewed before.

And that's it. That is all I am going to write. Look at that, two (ok, three) short paragraphs. Oh, and which whiskies were purged you ask? The list is presented in photographic form below. (Please note, poses are for demonstration purposes only. Cabinet Members only drink from proper glassware. At least while at Cabinet.)




(See? Glassware.)




No comments:

Post a Comment